COLLEGE AWARENESS PROGRAM (CAP)
The College Awareness Program (CAP) provides guidance and information to students and the surrounding community on topics including college admissions, financial aid, scholarships, placement exams and transitional information. The center has an up-to-date reference library, state of the art technology, and a comfortable environment conducive to learning.
Available information includes:
- College catalogs, admissions applications, financial aid information, and college brochures.
- Literature on the College Prep Program curriculum, and upcoming events, college activities, application/registration deadlines, etc.
The center’s computer section is equipped with eight computers with internet access for research purposes. The center has a welcoming and comfortable lounge area and a study/conference area to be used by walk-in community members and students alike.
College Preparation (CP)
College Preparation is a program designed to provide effective learning and study techniques for college bound students.
It aims to:
- Assist students in increasing their academic ability in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics
- Address the transitional issues first-year college students encounter
- Assist students with enrolling in and completing either a 2-year or 4-year degree program
- Assist students in the college survival process by covering topics such as the college admissions process, financial aid, critical thinking, and career exploration
The College Prep program benefits individuals who:
- Have obtained a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma, but have yet to complete an educational program at the postsecondary level
- Are the first in their family to attend college
- Are interested in pursuing and excelling in a degree program
Often completing this program reduces or eliminates the need to take non-credit remedial courses in college.
The CP program is generally 12 weeks, Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. (Subject to change) TABE Scores required are: Reading 9.0 - Math 7.0.